Request for help with Canon DX6855i toner level monitoring and Telegram Template

Dear all,

I’m pleased to post here; this is my first post on the forum. I recently started using LibreNMS and am facing a difficulty. Specifically, I’m trying to set up a warning for the toner level of a Canon DX6855i so that when it reaches 5%, it sends me a Telegram notification to alert me.

I should mention that I already receive Telegram notifications for other things, so the system is already functional. However, I’m encountering difficulties with this printer and its related template. Before attempting to configure the printer, I read several forum posts, but they didn’t work for me.

I’m sharing the configuration used

and the error related to the template here:

#0 /opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Alert/RunAlerts.php(521): LibreNMS\Alert\Transport\Telegram->deliverAlert() #1 /opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Alert/RunAlerts.php(258): LibreNMS\Alert\RunAlerts->extTransports() #2 /opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Alert/RunAlerts.php(282): LibreNMS\Alert\RunAlerts->issueAlert() #3 /opt/librenms/alerts.php(54): LibreNMS\Alert\RunAlerts->runAcks() #4 {main} Transport delivery failed with 400 for ICT-Telegram: {"ok":false,"error_code":400,"description":"Bad Request: can't parse entities: Can't find end of the entity starting at byte offset 33"}

Could not issue acknowledgment for rule 'Printer Cartridge Satus' to transport 'telegram' Error: Transport delivery failed with 400 for ICT-Telegram: {"ok":false,"error_code":400,"description":"Bad Request: can't parse entities: Can't find end of the entity starting at byte offset 33"}

And here is the template:

**Title:** {{ $alert->title }}
👉 **Device Name:** {{ $alert->hostname }}
💥 **Severity:** {{ $alert->severity }}
**Timestamp:** {{ $alert->timestamp }}
@if ($alert->name)
⚙️ **Rule:** {{ $alert->name }}
@else
⚙️ **Rule:** {{ $alert->rule }}
@endif
🚨 **Toner Alert Level at 5%**

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

I’ll add one more piece of information. From this screenshot, it seems that the paper is also being monitored and referred to as ‘toner’.

Suggestions?