Ruckus Access Point number of clients

Hi everyone,

I am using LibreNMS (latest version), i added some Ruckus Access Points, but LibreNMS is unable to make graph for “number of clients” and “connected clients”

How could i fix it?

Thank you.

I also have that same problem with Ruckus Unleased.
With Ruckus Controllers that are EOL it is almost right you just do not see the number AP.

If anyone knew anything I would like to hear it.

1 Like

yeah, i am trying to find a way to collect that info.
anyone has idea is very appreciated.

I’ll echo the same issue here as well. R300.

I have unleashed the MIBS for the Ruckus Unleashed.
but only doing MIBS in the folde / opt / librenms / mibs / ruckus does not work you should apparently modify an os.yaml file I had read. but I do not have how to do that.

if someone wants the MIBS so that they can be added to a next update, I gladly give it.

I have made a new device application on github.
now wait and see what they will do with it.
See link for status. https://github.com/librenms/librenms/issues/9658

I have made a pull request to fix a bunch of ruckus issues, please try https://github.com/librenms/librenms/pull/9727

1 Like

Thank you for your hard work,
I can already see a lot more in librenms than before.:grin:
But I still have something if it is correct and a question.

• In a ZD you can see how many people are connected to which ssid and that is not possible with Unleashed. is this right and are you still working on this? see example.

Unleashed

ZD :

• Also I do not understand the ports at unleashed what it does and where does the port belong to which AP

• Is it true that you can only see from 1 AP what its CPU and Memory usage is? because only 1 AP is the controler at unleashed?

• is it possible that you can show how many people are connected per AP? or is that not possible?

Sorry for my many questions, but this is what I was running into. If you need MIBS I can deliver them.
Hopefully I can improve the Ruckes even better than you have already done together with others. Keep going:wink:

In a ZD you can see how many people are connected to which ssid and that is not possible with Unleashed.

I haven’t actually used unleashed with more then 1 SSID, but shouldn’t be a issue, i have all the MIBs, so hopefully i can get something done soon

Also I do not understand the ports at unleashed what it does and where does the port belong to which AP

This is what ruckus spits out when we discovers the interfaces, i can’t tell you what everyone does, but typically wifi0 = 2.4 ghz radio wifi1 = 5ghz radio… Some of the br and WLAN interfaces are related to the SSID’s im sure… You will have to figure this out manually.

Is it true that you can only see from 1 AP what its CPU and Memory usage is? because only 1 AP is the controler at unleashed?

Again i haven’t used unleashed that much, but i was under the assumption unleashed = stand alone AP… No controller no other APs connected to it… So 1 unleashed AP = 1 Monitored AP.

is it possible that you can show how many people are connected per AP? or is that not possible?

If you used Cisco WLC in LibreNMS they have this, i briefly looked at the code and it looked doable for Ruckus ZD and Smartzone, but wanted to get the basic stuff done first before i worked on this… I will look at it, but not sure when or if i’ll actually have something working…