Sending data to InfluxDB > Grafana?

Hello,

I’ve just seen the option settings/poller/influxdb

Does this mean I can send all my LibreNMS data to InfluxDB so I can use in Grafana and keep MarisDB running locally?

I’m trying to find a way to pull out some stats in LibreNMS and put in Grafana.

Thanks

Yes, you can export data to influx and show it with grafana.

The databases won’t be identical since influx is a time series based database, so only such data will be saved there. But the integration seems to work, I had grafana graphing out stuff with influx fead by libre as the source.

Is it better to add LibreNMS as a data source in Grafana (MySQL) or get LibreNMS to send to InfluxDB?

I’m trying to add LibreNMS as a data source in Grafana under MySQL and it fails, the port is open too (3306)

I can see in my notes I setup the MariaDB like this below and I think only the local host can connect not a remote Grafana server, how to I allow this server to connect too, I don’t want to edit what I have really. How can I give Grafana access?

CREATE DATABASE librenms CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;
CREATE USER ‘librenms’@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password123’;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON librenms.* TO ‘librenms’@‘localhost’;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

@gonzo I’m not sure how mysql in grafana works. Does it also poll every X min to gather the data?

In the sql database there are no historical data for almost anything. Only few sections have historical data (syslog table, eventlog table, traffic bills, etc)

To open mysql, you have to create another user and grant access to librenms database, and if the grafana is not in the same server, then you need to configure mysql to listen to everything (public ips if configured) so you can connect from remote server.

Try this within your LibreNMS MySQL:

CREATE USER 'grafanaReader' IDENTIFIED BY 'SomePassword';
  GRANT SELECT ON *.* TO 'grafanaReader';
  FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Then use that user/pass in your Grafana data source. You should get a successful connection. That worked form me.

However, not sure what next, when it comes to Grafana itself !! I have absolutely no idea how to get anything graphed there. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 730 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.