Sensor over limit - Check Device Health Settings

Hi. I’ve just added a DELL EqualLogic controller (for Dell SAN) into LibreNMS.

All went well, but getting many alerts for this:

Sensor over limit - Check Device Health Settings	sensors.sensor_current > sensors.sensor_limit AND sensors.sensor_alert = 1 AND macros.device_up = 1

What does this mean exactly? and how can I either fix the alerts or resolve them?

Thanks.

Thats the aler rule but, what do you get in the alert? What sensor is over limit?

Hi. Thank you for this reply. Checking the OID it is referencing a disk in the SAN.

All disks in the SAN are:

1.000 | 0.500 <> 1.500

yet this disk, is the only one that shows:

2.000 | 0.500 <> 1.500

and when I look at the graph it’s:

https://pasteboard.co/HqoHsmG.jpg

while all the rest show the line between 0.5 and 1.5.

I’m not exactly sure what that means, but it’s the way it is so my guess is I need to adjust that value in the “Health” setting of the controller for that disk, to be between 1.5 and 2.5 right?

Hi,

Before changing the thresholds, you must check to what corresponds the oid. Seeing that numbers it seems is a state sensor.

Maybe something in that disk is wrong.

Apologize for reviving an old thread.

But, I have Dell Equallogic SANs, and have a similar minor issue about alerting.
The disk shows up as green, “Spare”.

However, default alerting detects bad sensor on “spare” disk. In digging deeper, snmp eqlDiskStatus of value 2, translates to spare on these devices.

Checking “includes/discovery/sensors/state/equallogic.inc.php” has the correct descriptions, but I noticed that the “$high_limit” is set to 1.5.

The value “2” for “eqlDiskStatus” is “spare”, and “3” is “failed” … shouldn’t the “$high_limit” then be set to 2.5? A disk marked as spare is not something to be warned about???

On the same note I noticed that ‘eqlMemberHealthStatus’ “$high_limit = 2.5”, BUT for this state sensor “2” is “Warning” and “3” is “critical”, shouldn’t the high limit for this be “1.5” so that it warns about “Warning” @ 2 or higher?

I am either reporting a minor bug in snmp sensor discovery for equallogic, or have misunderstood something.

Thanks for helping,

====================================

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.58.1-3-g78d017d
DB Schema 2019_04_22_220000_update_route_table (147)
PHP 7.2.24
MySQL 5.5.64-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2

====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 1.9.1
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct