SFP RX power sensor alert on disabled port

Hi,

We are currently receiving RX power sensor alerts for ports that are administratively disabled. Is this expected behaviour? This is for Juniper branded SFPs connected to Juniper QFX 5100 switches. The switch does report the rx alarm as well, which might be why it is picked up by the sensor, but shouldn’t the fact that the power is administratively disabled make the alarm disabled as well in LibreNMS?

Here’s the relevant optical diagnostic from the switch:

> show interfaces diagnostics optics xe-0/0/13
Receiver signal average optical power     :  0.0001 mW / -40.00 dBm
Laser rx power high alarm                 :  Off
Laser rx power low alarm                  :  On
Laser rx power high warning               :  Off
Laser rx power low warning                :  On
Laser rx power high alarm threshold       :  1.5849 mW / 2.00 dBm
Laser rx power low alarm threshold        :  0.0407 mW / -13.90 dBm
Laser rx power high warning threshold     :  0.7943 mW / -1.00 dBm
Laser rx power low warning threshold      :  0.1023 mW / -9.90 dBm

> show interfaces xe-0/0/13
Physical interface: xe-0/0/13, Administratively down, Physical link is Down

I know that I can manuall override the sensor alarm, but I wanted to first validate if there was a way to correlate the admin down status with the sensor, so that if ever the port was enabled again, that no one would forget to go and activate the sensor again.

I also concent that this could be a bug on the Juniper side in the sense that a disabled port should not activate the sensor alarm, which would make it normal and expected behaviour on the LibreNMS side.

Thanks!

I’ve raised the question with Juniper as well and at the current state, this is their request:

Do you know if with an SNMP walk, LibreNMS uses Getbulk, GetNext or Get? If the tool uses Get or GetNext we are going to be able to filter per interface.

From grepping the code, I don’t think Getbulk is used but would someone be able to confirm this?

Thanks again!