Followed the Support for new OS: https://docs.librenms.org/Developing/Support-New-OS/
Very well may have missed/not understood something though.
I did this twice. First time it changed all to the one just created. Then second attempt it changed all(including the previous ones) to this new OS.
first I copied the MIB to my server and placed it in a subfolder under /opt/librenms/mibs/sencore
This is the full file as it stands now. However for my first attempt all that was done was the change to
Environment= and I added just /opt/lirenms/mibs/sencore/ Everything else was left at it’s defaults from there so ExecStart was actually /usr/sbin/snmptrapd -f -m IF-MIB -M /opt/librenms/mibs
When I did the second OS addition that is when I added the additional Environment paths and the 2 additional MIBs to execstart. I never did try the cisco/ruckus/radwin mibs because I noticed that everything had again changed, not just the devices specific…
Description=Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Trap Daemon.
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/snmptrapd -f -m IF-MIB:COBALT-9223:SENCORE -M /opt/librenms/mibs
ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
Reloaded service files, enabled, and started the snmptrapd service
After that it wasn’t auto discovering anything YET, and using the discovery script wasn’t changing anything.
I then found the script new-os.php info in the documentation.
So I ran ./scripts/new-os.php -h 101 -o SENCORE-os -t network -v sencore
At prompts in script I entered
Description for OS: Sencore
Logo: left blank and hit enter.
MIB name inc path: /opt/librenms/mibs/sencore/SENCORE-MIB.MIB
Doing this does seem to generate errors, and these are likely pointing to the problem but I don’t know
MIB search path: /opt/librenms/mibs:/opt/librenms/mibs/sencore
Cannot find module (SENCORE-MIB.MIB): At line 1 in (none)
Unable to find a matching object identifier for “.*Table$”
Failed to create new discovery file /opt/librenms/includes/definitions/discovery/[email protected]:~$
Even though it says it failed to create the new file did generate.But it’s empty.
Scripts and other commands all run as the librenms account. only used sudo when editing conf file.
After doing this I did the discovery -h all and that’s when it changed most of my devices to sencore. I later tried adding cobalt in the same manor and after doing so run discover and that’s when it changed most devices to cobalt… I did change the ID number each time I ran the newos script.