SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied

This morning we received this error on one of our 2 LibreNMS installs

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘librenms’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)

I’ve looked through the various guidance from other posts and the .ENV and config.php files contain a username and password that I am able to manually login to MySQL with.

When I attempt to validate the environment I receive this:

icingaadmin@icingaadmin-virtual-machine:/opt/librenms$ sudo ./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.64.1-345-g52dd406c3
DB Schema Not Connected (0)
PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.6
Python 3.6.9
MySQL ?
RRDTool 1.7.0
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.3

====================================

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
W

For some reason LibreNMS was unable to automatically update /opt/librenms/.env with your database credentials. Please do so manually.

This was all working fine prior to the weekend. Nothing has changed on the system to suggest a password was changed.

I checked the .env file and could see it populated with credentials. I also confirmed the same on the config.php file.

I even attempted to swap the credentials in and out of the two files incase there was a mismatch but this didn’t appear to work.

Thanks
W

On your working instance, is it running the same version of Librenms? can you post the validate.php on your instance which is working?

Did you check file permissions?

using password: NO means it is not using any password. This seems to indicate DB_PASSWORD is not set.

Oddly - The initial issue seemed to resolve itself for a couple of days. Then following a reboot the error re-occurred.

Un-commenting the DB_Password in the .ENV file appears to resolve it.

How was this working for months without the password? Is it a daily change that has been pulled down?

Thanks
W