Syntax for $value['msg'] in alert template

Hello

Is there a new syntax for {{ $value['msg'] }} ?

It stopped working a while back for me, i wonder if it is due to the new syntax scheme?

I used this a lot as it returns the most relevant syslog info, rather than {{ $value['string'] }} which returns too much info.

I couldn’t find it in https://docs.librenms.org/Alerting/Templates/

Anyone know? Or does it work for you?

Thanks

That’s not changed, you need to loop through the fault array though but that’s been like that since day one/

Great thanks i’ll double check what i’ve done :slight_smile:

I seem to be looping through the faults, but it only outputs the value[‘string’] and not the value[‘msg’]

Can you see anything wrong here?

Rule:

Template:

@if ($alert->state == 1)
<b>Timestamp: </b> {{ $alert->timestamp }} </br>
@else
<b> Duration: </b> {{ $alert->elapsed }} </br>
@endif

Rule: @if ($alert->name) {{ $alert->name }} @else {{ $alert->rule }} @endif </br>

@if ($alert->faults)
@foreach ($alert->faults as $key => $value) 
{{ $value['string'] }} {{ $value['msg'] }}
@endforeach 

@endif

Result:

Software changed on x.x.x.x
Timestamp:  2018-11-06 03:21:41 
Rule:  Software Update Two

sysObjectID = .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1286; sysDescr = Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch  Software (cat4500es8-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version x.x.x RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2018 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Thu; event_id = 28329682;

I believe the value[‘msg’] just used to pull out the eventlog line related to OS Version:
OS Version -> x.x.x RELEASE SOFTWARE

If i try to just use {{ $value['msg'] }} it is blank.

Many Thanks

You’re using the wrong $value['msg']. The valid values are the tables column names, I’ll leave you to figure that one out :slight_smile:

Thanks for the hint - I looked at the column names so i think it’s 'message' for eventlog and 'msg' for syslog, but i have to wait till the next software change now :stuck_out_tongue:

yes it worked! thanks

1 Like