Telegram Alerting possible bug in reset procedure

Hi,
I make use of the telegram bot alerting and the email alerting rules.

I have an rule for reboot of my pi where libre runs on.

In my mail i received 2 emails regarding my reboot, with the right time and date
I acknowledged the message in the dialogue and no emails occur but… telegram keeps sending alerts.
The telegram bot receives message after message regarding the same timedate of the reboot.

It seems to me the acknowledged message will not reset the Telegram Bot routines.
i have now 103 similar messages in telegram bot. I will temporarily disable the telegram bot, but i like the feature it works nice

Could someone look into this.?

You should run the debug options we have for alerting. You might find it’s another issue.

Also, check the eventlog to see if it says the messages were successful.

Hi, curious seems i have no recipient email address according the eventlog
I have only one user my, as administrator with email adres and in the settings for email alerting there is also an email address filled in.In General alert settings i enabled all to receive alerts maybe it is there somewhere?

018-02-14 20:46:06 alert localhost Issued critical alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘telegram’ System
2018-02-14 20:46:03 error localhost Could not issue critical alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘mail’ Error: You must provide at least one recipient email address. System
2018-02-14 20:41:08 alert localhost Issued critical alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘telegram’ System
2018-02-14 20:41:04 error localhost Could not issue critical alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘mail’ Error: You must provide at least one recipient email address. System
2018-02-14 08:22:03 error localhost Could not issue critical alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘mail’ Error: You must provide at least one recipient email address. System
2018-02-14 08:22:03 alert localhost Issued critical alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘telegram’ System
2018-02-14 08:17:09 alert localhost Issued critical alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘telegram’ System
2018-02-14 08:17:03 error localhost Could not issue critical alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘mail’ Error: You must provide at least one recipient email address. System
2018-02-14 08:12:03 alert localhost Issued critical alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘telegram’ System
2018-02-14 08:12:02 error localhost Could not issue critical alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘mail’ Error: You must provide at least one recipient email address. System
2018-02-14 08:07:03 alert localhost Issued critical alert for rule ‘Device rebooted’ to transport ‘telegram’

Run updates after that try it again.

If that still doesn’t work post your email and general settings.

Hi,yesterday actions:
update
check all settings
set all mail alerts to on
reboot
works !
thanks

1 Like