TenGig0/0/0 gone!

Hello all,

since I enabled MPLS (“mpls ip” command) on 2 Cisco ASR1001X TenGig0/0/0 interfaces, they do not show up anymore in LibreNMS.
Now I can see TenGig0/0/0-mpls which is of course not showing the total traffic of the TenGig interface.

I did quite some digging, and I can’t really find any known issue or config subtlety which could explain this.

Of course, I would like to avoid doing a remove/re-add of the devices.

Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

David

1 Like

Hi,

We have the same issues. Notice it when we activated new interfaces with “mpls ip” command.
For us it’s on our Cisco Nexus devices. Our ASR (ASR920) is working, strange behavior.
The interface is there, if I change the port ID in the URL I can see the graphs. It’s only from the “Device/Ports tab” the Interface is missing.
Under “Device/Settings/Port Settings” there interface is there…

//Mattias

MPLS interfaces are by default hidden. You can restore them by:

• Changing it globally, in the GUI, Preferences->Poller->InterfaceTypeByRFC->BadInterfaces where you have to remove mpls from the list
  • Adding these lines in your /opt/librenms/config.php file (and the change will then be specific to IOS XE devices, like ASR 1001X)
$config['os']['iosxe']['bad_ifType'] = []
$config['os']['iosxe']['bad_if_regexp'] = []
$config['os']['iosxe']['good_if'][] = 'mpls'

I already removed mpls from BadInterfaces.

Note that LibreNMS discovers TenGig0/0/0-mpls, but not TenGig0/0/0.

You would have to check the snmp output of the device to figure this out. Do both interfaces show up via snmp?

Sure:

iso.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2.1 = STRING: “TenGigabitEthernet0/0/0”
iso.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2.2 = STRING: “TenGigabitEthernet0/0/1”
iso.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2.10 = STRING: “TenGigabitEthernet0/1/0”
iso.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2.47 = STRING: “TenGigabitEthernet0/0/0-mpls layer”

Bonjour David,

In the discovery, anything that shows what happens when this interface is processed?
./discovery.php -h <deviceID> -v -d -m ports

If the device is in production, you probably need to sanitize this before publishing any part of it.

I don’t see this behaviour on my 2 LNS (ASR1001X, both running 16.9.7 (Fuji) currently).

Bye

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.