The content (text) of the alert of cisco bgp router issues

Hi everyone.
I have a little discomfort when I read alerts of bgp issues.
When I have any problem with BGP session on my Cisco router, the content of alert information is f.e.:

#1**: bgpPeer_id => ‘8’, bgpPeerIdentifier => ‘91.233.229.154’, sysObjectID => ‘.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1861’, sysDescr => ‘Cisco IOS Software, ASR1000 Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.5(3)S4b, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport Copyright © 1986-2016 by Cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Mon 17-Oct-16 19:43 by mcpre’

this information is unusable for me

as a curiosity, I will give an example of standard content of the same bgp issue in pushover transport message:

Device 192.168.110.2 recovered from BGP Session down

Severitys: critical
Time elapsed: 6d 17h 24m 2s
Timestamp: 2018-10-17 08:50:03
Unique-ID: 2108
Rule: BGP Session down
Faults:

Peer: UM-XXX, PL
Peer IP: [194.31.40.142]
Peer AS: 55555
Peer EstTime: 0
Peer State: active

Hello

Same issue here. My ideal solution would be to be able to create a “template” to actually define what is the text of the alert in the GUI, more or less the same way as we can do it for the transports themselves.
I cannot code it myself, and most importantly, the template and transport code is now being migrated from Legacy to Laravel, and this process will continue until early 2019 so it is probably a good idea to wait until then before adding more complexity to it …

Bye

He is probably using the default template for the first and the BGP specific template for the second.

@Michal_Korzeniowski @PipoCanaja

I dont have that issue. You sure, as @murrant said, are using the correct alert template?

I use default, selected by librenms discovery templates.
But as I said last time. In my opinion transport (mail/pushover) templates are ok (original templates BGP sessions are paired with rules of bgp session (original))
I have problem with it only in web gui. for example:
I have any bgp alert…
In web gui I’am going to Alerts/ notification…
In the list I can see timestamp, rule (Bgp session down) and host ip.
when I move the mouse to this host there is a + icon which I can expand…
the information that appears here is unclear to me.

Ok. Now I understand what you mean and yes, I also think that needs a new look.

1 Like

so…
Is any way to report it to developers ?

MK

You already did with this thread.

Bump it from time to time if you see no change but it will take some time, so dont bump next week :wink: