Two factor broken

If two factor authentication is enabled on a user’s account, they can’t login any more. The username and password appear to be accepted as there’s no “incorrect credentials” message. Previously the page would redirect to the two factor input form but now it just redirects back to the login form. Once two factor is removed, the user can login. This started right after the Laravel update. I’ve removed and reinstalled the composer packages. I haven’t dug into the code to look for potential issues.

Output of validate.php. Note, discovery is intentionally disabled. It was causing stability issues with some of our equipment.

====================================
Component | Version
--------- | -------
LibreNMS  | 1.39-37-g5fd81db
DB Schema | 249
PHP       | 7.2.5-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
MySQL     | 10.1.32-MariaDB-1~xenial
RRDTool   | 1.5.5
SNMP      | NET-SNMP 5.7.3
====================================

[OK]    Composer Version: 1.6.5
[OK]    Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK]    Database connection successful
[OK]    Database schema correct
[FAIL]  Discovery has not completed in the last 24 hours.
        [FIX] Check the cron job to make sure it is running and using discovery-wrapper.py

Yeah, probably broken two factor is a bit of a strange duck in the code. I’ll try to set up a test and see if I can find the issue.

Same thing happened on our setup. Disabling 2 FA was the only option for us to get logged back in.

Previous poster’s issue was fixed. So if you are having issues still, you should report that.