Typo in FAQ

I’m a newbie to using LibreNMS and in SNMP monitoring in general. As I was curious why I was seeing a warning when looking at the machine hosting LibreNMS, I was directed to the FAQ… https://docs.librenms.org/Support/FAQ/#why-does-a-device-show-as-a-warning to be specific. I believe I found a typographical error. It shows:

This is indicating that the device has rebooted within the last 24 hours (by default). If you want to adjust this threshold then you can do so by setting $config['uptime_warning'] = '84600'; in config.php . The value must be in seconds.

I believe someone got their numbers mixed up in the value. There are 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, and 24 hours in a day; 60 X 60 X 24= 86400… not 84600. 84600 would be 23 hours and 30 minutes… unless that was the intent instead of 24 full hours.

Hi @RonRN18

It is indeed a typo :slight_smile: The patch to correct the doc is already sent :

By the way, if you find other typo/errors, fill free to directly send the correcting patch, by clicking the pen on top right of the page and editing the page.

Thanx for your feedback on this issue and happy monitoring !

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.