Upgrade from Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 Broke LibreNMS - DB issue

I upgraded to 20.04 and during the setup answered N to all the prompts to overwrite config files with new version such as Maria DB and after the upgrade I can pull up the webpage for librenms, but it is apparently unable to connect to the DB. The error I get is below. I looked through similar topics from 16.04 to 18.04, but it doesn’t seem to be relevant because I get an error when I attempt the solution. Does anyone know how to solve this?

:/var/log$ sudo apt install curl composer fping git graphviz imagemagick mariadb-client mariadb-server mtr-tiny nginx-full nmap php7.2-cli php7.2-curl php7.2-fpm php7.2-gd php7.2-json php7.2-mbstring php7.2-mysql php7.2-snmp php7.2-xml php7.2-zip python-memcache python-mysqldb rrdtool snmp snmpd whois
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Package php7.2-snmp is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package ‘php7.2-snmp’ has no installation candidate

ERROR:

Error connecting to database

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

Check your log for more details. (librenms.log)

If you need additional help, you can find how to get help at https://docs.librenms.org/Support.

Why are you trying to install php7.2? I thought ubuntu 20.04 has the packages for php7.4? I know php7.2 will be dropped from librenms soon (or so validate.php tells me).

I was following a similar thread where they had a DB issue from 16.04 - 18.04 since I couldn’t find my exact scenario. I’m not familiar with how the app is built or its dependencies. I was just trying to find a way to get it working again.

Any ideas?

Let me revise this question. Is there anyway I can take a backup, reinstall and restore? Or is it possible the DB completely got wiped out with a Ubuntu upgrade? This is just for a home network instance, but I’d hate to have to start from scratch again if avoidable.

My backup of the VM is too old to restore and will affect multiple other things. I’m aware I should have had a more recent backup before install, but I performed the upgrade only because Ubuntu kept crashing as a troubleshooting step.