Upgrade to Version 21.X

Is there anyway to upgrade to Version 21.6 or older Version 21.X released in 2021??

I know some are experiencing issues with the latest version breaking things, so wondering what the options are for upgrades while waiting on a new stable release.

Thanks!

Yes, you can upgrade from about any version to the current version.
However, PHP, Python, and MySQL must be at supported versions otherwise you will have issues.

Also, you didn’t give any sort of description of the issues you are experiencing.

Cannot get passed this -

Migrating: 2021_02_09_122930_migrate_to_utf8mb4

In Connection.php line 692:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1709 Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes (SQL: ALTER TABLE config
MODIFY config_name
varchar(255)
CHARACTER SET utf8mb4
COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci
NOT NULL :wink:

In Exception.php line 18:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1709 Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes

In PDOConnection.php line 53:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1709 Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes

You need a newer mysql and set row_format to dynamic if it’s not

I actually upgraded mysql to version 10.2 and I thought I set the row_format to dynamic. Can give me the line needed in the configuration file, and also, just to be sure, it needs to be set in the server.conf file, right?

ALTER TABLE `config`  ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC;

First google result.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.