Upgrading from Ubuntu Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS to Ubuntu 22.04

Im running LibreNMS on Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS as follows:

Version 22.9.0 - Wed Sep 21 2022 18:51:22 GMT+1200
Database Schema 2022_09_03_091314_update_ports_adsl_table_with_defaults (246)
Web Server Apache/2.4.52 (Ubuntu)
PHP 7.4.27
Python 3.6.9
Database MariaDB 10.5.15-MariaDB-1:10.5.15+maria~bionic
Laravel 8.83.23
RRDtool 1.7.0

Still learning my way through linux and I want to upgrade my server to Ubuntu 22.04.

Im thinking of just installing a new Ubuntu 22.04 server with LibreNMS and sort of migrate the Database and configuration or something so that my current LibreNMS on the 18.04 Ubuntu server works on the Ubuntu 22.04

Is that possible ? If so any lead or document I can refer to to do this upgade and migration will be really apprecaited

Thanks

There is some doco about migration at this link:

I will have to leave it to others to vouch for how up-to-date and fool-proof it is, as I’ve never done it, but seems fairly simple.

I have taken Ubuntu up through various upgrades though and besides the php dependencies and various other things to install, it has worked well for myself and others. If you have snapshots and ways to recover etc, then it’s worth a try - for example: Upgrading Ubuntu 20 to Ubuntu 22 and PHP 8.1 - #5 by murrant

2 Likes

I could not migrate to Ubuntu 22.04 – I forgot the issue
Migrating to 21.xx no problem.
Install librenms on ubuntu 21.xx and made sure it runs.
export/import the database.

mysqldump librenms -u root -p > librenms.sql
mysql -u root -p librenms < librenms.sql
Stop cron librenms on both systems – I moved the /etc/cron.d/librenms to the root directory
copy the RRD files over… took about 5 hours for me (300G)
copy back the librenms to /etc/cron.d
copy the old config.php to new system.

I will take min of 1/2 hour before you see results.
Hope this helps.

Thank you all. I manage to do this by just installing a new Ubuntu 22.04 then follow the migration steps migrating from the old server 18.04 to the new box. Have to change ownership of /opt/librenms then change it back once files has been copied i.e RRD, config.php and .env file

We use LDAP on the config for login and found out that all those users show up as deleted users. I just have to tell those users to recreate their individual dashboards once they log in.

Intergration with Oxidized looks good as well

Thanks all

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.