Weathermap + GIT

Libre-Team. It’s been awhile since I’ve posted. I hope that this message finds everyone doing well with all of the craziness in the world.

Some time back I made the switch from Observium to LibreNMS and I haven’t looked back. I adore the integrations with Weathermap and Oxidized. I had an idea that I wanted to run past the gurus here.

The network in this environment is pretty small, relatively easy to manage and such. I periodically look at the weathermap and I don’t see any saturation EXCEPT during backup windows. It got me thinking that it would be kind of cool to be able to review the weathermap changes over the past 24 hours or so or some other period like that. Unfortunately, the weathermap only display a point in time and refreshes on like 5 minute intervals or something.

Being I’m a Linux gimp, not a guru: Would it be possible to enable a directory for git versioning and have weathermap dump its output via cron into the git directory to see what things look like over a period of time? I know that I could pull up graphs on each individual switch but that’s a bear. Is there a better way of accomplishing what I’m thinking?

Thank you all.

Someone made a plugin - I could never get it to work but you can give it a go.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.