Web install error

Hi,

I’m working on migrating from Observium to LibreNMS and I’m hitting this error on post install step 2 of 6. The error in the text box on the setup page is pretty nondescript: " Whoops, looks like something went wrong. Check your librenms.log.", but the more verbose error below is from the LibreNMS log.

Does anybody have any ideas? This is the same server that Observium is running on, but I killed all the Observium PHP processes and I’m still getting the error.

[2019-03-01 14:58:07] production.ERROR: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module’s ini settings at this time {“exception”:"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module’s ini settings at this time at /opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Config.php:433)
[stacktrace]
#0 [internal function]: Illuminate\Foundation\Bootstrap\HandleExceptions->handleError(2, ‘ini_set(): A se…’, ‘/opt/librenms/L…’, 433, Array)
#1 /opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Config.php(433): ini_set(‘session.cookie_…’, ‘1’)
#2 /opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Config.php(57): LibreNMS\Config::processConfig(false)
#3 /opt/librenms/app/Providers/AppServiceProvider.php(32): LibreNMS\Config::load()
#4 [internal function]: App\Providers\AppServiceProvider->boot()
#5 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(29): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(87): Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod::Illuminate\Container\{closure}()
#7 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/BoundMethod.php(31): Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod::callBoundMethod(Object(App\Application), Array, Object(Closure))
#8 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(572): Illuminate\Container\BoundMethod::call(Object(App\Application), Array, Array, NULL)
#9 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(819): Illuminate\Container\Container->call(Array)
#10 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(802): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->bootProvider(Object(App\Providers\AppServiceProvider))
#11 [internal function]: Illuminate\Foundation\Application->Illuminate\Foundation\{closure}(Object(App\Providers\AppServiceProvider), 18)
#12 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(803): array_walk(Array, Object(Closure))
#13 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Bootstrap/BootProviders.php(17): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->boot()
#14 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(211): Illuminate\Foundation\Bootstrap\BootProviders->bootstrap(Object(App\Application))
#15 /opt/librenms/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Console/Kernel.php(297): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->bootstrapWith(Array)
#16 /opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Util/Laravel.php(47): Illuminate\Foundation\Console\Kernel->bootstrap()
#17 /opt/librenms/includes/init.php(96): LibreNMS\Util\Laravel::bootCli()
#18 /opt/librenms/html/includes/output/db-update.inc.php(31): require(’/opt/librenms/i…’)
#19 /opt/librenms/html/ajax_output.php(35): require(’/opt/librenms/h…’)
#20 {main}

That is a fairly odd error. I would suggest clearing your browser’s cookies and trying again.

Hmm, yeah, that was my thought as well. I tried clearing the cookies, trying another browser in private mode, and then clearing the cookies again to no avail.

Are you accessing the install page via https?

Yeah, I am. I have a redirect in place on my web server so it always goes to HTTPS.

Yeah, https is what is breaking it. Disable that, do install.php, then re-enable it.

Alternatively, skip install.php

1. copy config.php.default to config.php, set DB info.
  2. run lnms migrate
  3. run lnms user:add --role=admin

Yes! That did it. Thanks for solving that for me, now onto setting things up.