WebUI Validate Config: Failed to load data from backend, check webserver

When trying to validate config on WebUI, it gives me an error: ‘Failed to load data from backend, check webserver.’

I tried Google Chrome and Firefox and it has the same issue. It started a few days back.

./validate.php from console looks fine:

====================================

Component Version
LibreNMS 22.5.0-32-g69a03bd
DB Schema 2022_05_25_090027_drop_widgets_table (241)
PHP 7.3.33
Python 3.6.8
MySQL 10.5.16-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP 5.7.2

[OK] Composer Version: 2.3.7
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct

Does anyone have similar problems or know a solution to this?

Thanks in advance

We have the same problem.

same problem here also

Same issue here as well…

i’ve the same issue too, no matter which browser i use : Firefox , Brave, Chrome or Opera.
in my case i thought it was a problem of the varnish cache, since i’ve implemented a varnish service inside the same server , and i was trying to bypass the url from there. also created a section in nginx under conf.d / librenms.conf which would allow that /validate URL , but i ended up on the same result.
Screenshot_1

Same here, using the docker image. The log says
production.ERROR: Undefined offset: 1 {"userId":1,"exception":"[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): Undefined offset: 1 at /opt/librenms/LibreNMS/Validations/WebServer.php:54)"}

still no solutions ?

Mine was fixed, I guess through the updates. I do have an error if I check from the web UI validate:

FAIL: server_name is set incorrectly for your webserver, update your webserver config. ..net parse failure (/validate/results)
Fix:
server_name ..net;

When I run validate from the console there are no errors and I checked the conf file, server name is OK, as suggested in the “Fix”

valide and dailyupdate through command line gives no error. Still the same through GUI
:frowning:

librenms:/opt/librenms$ ./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 22.6.0
DB Schema 2022_05_30_084932_update-app-status-length (242)
PHP 7.4.29
Python 3.9.7
MySQL 10.5.16-MariaDB-1:10.5.16+maria~focal
RRDTool 1.7.2
SNMP 5.9.1

[OK] Installed from package; no Composer required
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database Schema is current
[OK] SQL Server meets minimum requirements
[OK] lower_case_table_names is enabled
[OK] MySQL engine is optimal
[OK]
[OK] Database schema correct
[OK] MySQl and PHP time match
[WARN] IPv6 is disabled on your server, you will not be able to add IPv6
devices.
[OK] rrd_dir is writable
[OK] rrdtool version ok
[WARN] Non-git install, updates are manual or from package

Before my error changed I did have a problem with “Failed to fetch version from local git: fatal: unrecognized argument: -q” so I followed the solution on this forum and did:
yum -y remove git
yum -y remove git-*

yum -y install https://packages.endpointdev.com/rhel/7/os/x86_64/endpoint-repo.x86_64.rpm

yum install git -y

git --version
git version 2.36.0

Not sure if it had anything to do with this error fixing itself but you can try. I am on Centos 7

I use Docker.

I have been experiencing the same issue since I last installed 22.7.0 Docker Update

Solved mine :
run the following on your root :
pip3 install -r /opt/librenms/requirements.txt

Regards,
Ahsan Muhammad.

1 Like

Installing the requirements worked for me. For some reason pip wasn’t installed… After installing the requirements, everything is working as it should.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.