Windows SNMP removed

With SNMP being removed in Windows 10 1809 and Server 2019 what will LibreNMS move to?
There are lots of windows servers out there. Does anyone know what windows replaced SNMP with?
You can still install SNMP with PowerShell for now.

Apparently the menu has been moved, and the SNMP functionality is still there, can you confirm?

Settings APP -> Apps & Features -> Manage Optional Features -> Add a feature -> SNMP.

Server 2019 and last version windows 10 no longer show that feature. You can still install using Power-Shell.
Windows 10 Pro x64 Ver: 10.0.17763

There is a feature request for WMI support but so far nobody has steped in to code that.

I was unable to find it there but found it where @Chas said like a week ago or so.

After a quick search, looks like you can install the net-snmp agent for windows and possible get the same functionality. Again, I have not tried this as of yet.

Just wanted to ask the same about snmp and Windows. Last night’s update from Windows changed firewall settings to disallow snmp so I had to go in and fix that. So it looks like Microsoft is getting closer to doing away with snmp.

Yeah somebody has to code and contribute that. Librenms is not a business it’s community project all volunteers and contributors.

1 Like