World Map - Problem with backend

As of today, around 11 EST our “World Map” is no longer showing and says “Problem with backend”, I’ve ran “daily.sh” as well as “validate.sh” in addition to a reboot of the server and it’s still showing the same issues with this widget. Its this a “global” issue with the current version of code which is running as of today?

Thanks,
SNerone

Does anyone else have this issue? Nothing has changed in our installation however the “World Map” widget is no longer showing any data, it does show a line and all it states is “Problem with backend”

-SNerone

Hi, I just tested this widget and it’s working fine for me. Do you have any errors in the logs (librenms or webserver)? Also that widget is fetching some resources from OpenStreetMap so you might want to check connectivity to that service.

I’m running 1.49-40-g0ae24b2 - Tue Mar 12 2019 19:20:02 GMT+0100

1 Like

Here is what I have after running ./vaildate.php

====================================
Component | Version
--------- | -------
LibreNMS  | 1.49-46-gbe58ec3
DB Schema | 2019_02_10_220000_add_dates_to_fdb (132)
PHP       | 7.2.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
MySQL     | 10.0.38-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
RRDTool   | 1.5.5
SNMP      | NET-SNMP 5.7.3
====================================

I’ve ran tail -f on daily.log & librenms.log… I don’t see anything in there however, am I looking in the correct place? The version that I’m running seems to be newer than the version that you have however, I’m not all that sure where it is that you got that date from? I’ve ran ./daily.sh a few times yesterday and today with the hopes this issue would correct itself… though I’ve not been successful in it correcting itself. Our server is in a network with unrestricted outbound access.

I copied version from ‘About LibreNMS’ page in the GUI, it includes the date. I just pulled newer version so im also on 1.49-46-gbe58ec3 and the widget still works.

I would use dev tools in the browser and check console and networking tabs to see if there are any client side errors. If there are no erros in librenms logs, check nginx (or apache) logs.

I’ve checked the apache logs and don’t see any errors in there either. When you say dev tools and networking tabs in the browser, where is it that you’re speaking of for me to find that information? Also, I’'d like to thank you for taking the time to help me out with our issue.

Okay, so I did find the dev tools in the browser and this is what I ended up getting from it, it’s this suggesting that my version of jquery isn’t working or that I need to upgrade or downgrade it? Any insight that you may provide to me would be of great assistance.

What version of php are you running on your server?

Also, see above on some of the information which I posted… it appears that php7.2.15 was there yesterday however it’s been upgraded to php7.2.16 and this seems to may have broke the maps issue? idk, I’m really lost here but your help has gotten me much further and I appreciate that.

Hi,

Glad I could help in any way. I’m using:

PHP 7.2.7 (cli) (built: Jun 20 2018 08:21:26) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.2.7, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

Anyway, based on what you posted the server is returning internal server error. Not sure why is this not shown in the log, but take a look at this thread, looks like the same issue.

I believe that my issue is with the version that I’m running now opposed to what I was running yesterday. As it stands, I’m running 7.2.16 and yesterday I was on 7.2.15, does anyone know how it is that you can “roll back” to the previous version?

@SNerone - do you still experience this issue? I had the same problem and it resolved by itself over night.

@Miez, I’m not having this issue anymore either, there were a few software bugs I do believer which were corrected on the update the day before you sent this message. Hopefully, your system is running great.

Thanks for the update @SNerone - good to know we didn’t do anything wrong here! :wink: