WorldMap Suddenly Blank (Solved)

My WorldMap is suddenly blank - as in nothing - a white box with no tiles in it. And, I can pull a streetmap tile in the web browser - I am not banned, I just don’t get the world map anymore.

Now, we did set disabled=0 on about 400 devices around the time it broke, but we tried undoing it to see if it would restore to no avail. I’m not sure how that would break it.

Any hints as to which php to check would be appreciated, thank you for your time.

$ ./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.31.03-4-g4c3562e
DB Schema 205
PHP 7.0.22-0ubuntu0.16.04.1
MySQL 10.0.31-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.16.04.2
RRDTool 1.6.0


[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct
[WARN] Your local git contains modified files, this could prevent automatic updates.
Modified files:
[WARN] Some devices have not been polled in the last 5 minutes.
You may have performance issues. Check your poll log and see:
( yada yada, I’ve got rrdcached)

can you post a screenshot?

Also not sure what you are referring to here?

Thank you kindly for your response. The SQL in Libre is fairly straight forward. When we have a large number of operations to do, we simply pull up mysql and do so from there as it is much quicker. (At least for simple operations)

Here is the picture of our worldmap:

are any of the other pages loading for you?

Try increasing memory in php.ini

Open your javascript console and see if any errors show up?

Thanks, I will try increasing the php memory as soon as I can. All other pages load, everything else is working great.

The only JS error in I see in Browser Console is an info message:

Object { specialPage: false, hasHTTPS: true, inMajorTrackingNetwork: false, totalBlocked: 0, hasObscureTracker: false, domain: “”, isaMajorTrackingNetwork: 0 }


Give php max mem a shot then as that message isn’t from LibreNMS.

I set memory_limit = 1024M in /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini and restarted apache. Unfortunately, this did not work. I see nothing relevant in error.log. My apologies, my php/js skills are not what they should be.

Of note, I do see JS errors now, a couple deprecation errors and:

SyntaxError: expected expression, got ','[Learn More]  jquery.min.js:246:35

Thank you for your time

Can you screenshot the full console?

The deprecated messages didn’t come back

I’m getting the same issue, here’s my console output:


I solved this for myself. It was a space in one of my locations.


Hum… need to think of sql syntax to search locations…

If that’s the same issue as @Daniel_Schmidt then the VM1354:586 is a clickable link to where the issue is - maybe you should try a different browser to see if that link is shown?

Yes sir… that were a stupid mistake. Sorry for taking your time. For documentation:

In chrome, as Laf says, you can click on the link and it will show you which device you screwed up. Fix that snmp string, discover it again, and it is fixed.

Thank you all for your assistance.

1 Like

Can you be more specific in what the issue was? If it’s something we need to fix we’d like to.

Error checking on the lat,long. Something very simple, like:

If (len(lat_long.split(’,’)) != 2):
log_error(“Device %s has bad snmp lat/long string, you moron” % idiot_device)
Check for spaces, alpha characters and whatnot and generate a log entry instead of crash. (Not that I’m telling you how to fix it, I’m sure you can think of something better than I can)


If I recreate the error, it looks as such:

var marker = L.marker(new L.LatLng(, ), {title: tooltip, icon: greenMarker, zIndexOffset: 0});

It does not like empty L.LatLng(, ), hence causing the whole map not to load

Just confirming I’ve seen this - due to a typo in the SNMP location that LibreNMS attempted to interpret as a Lat/Long:

snmp-server location “Your location here [12.34,56.78,9]”

If the third term is there it causes the map to fail to load with exactly the error that @Daniel_Schmidt describes.

|Version|1.35-137-ga98ab63 - Wed Jan 24 2018 20:51:00 GMT+0000|
|DB Schema|#232|
|Web Server|Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)|

Naturally if LibreNMS utilised DNS LOC records this wouldn’t be an issue (and I could update all my locations in one central file instead of having to hit hundreds of devices individually)