Alert when LibreNMS validate.php fails

As per : Alert when validate(.php) fails? Unsure how

The original thread, and the continued need I have, is I want libreNMS to Alert me (in my case E-Mail, but whatever) whenever the vaildate.php fails for whatever reason.

Now, I don’t know if validate.php runs regularly without a human (I forget this moment if that is already at-play). However when I went to run it today (as a human) it reported daily.sh was last run a bunch of days ago, and to run it.

I really REALLY need to be Alerted when validate.php fails for whatever reason. But I can’t find anything online on this topic (apart from my above linked thread) and the “last_polled” aspect is definitely not what I’m asking for here.

I checked, and do not see any Alert Templates for this. So I think this may be a “new” thing.

Anyways, how can I achieve this? And if this is not yet possible, can we please have libreNMS improved to have this capability? This really would help maintain a healthy libreNMS ecosystem by a lot.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I think the best option would be to make sure the return code of validate.php is consistent and add a cron job that will notify you when there is a non-zero return code.

validate.php is never run automatically for a reason.

If you want to add alerts for specific validation checks that LibreNMS can do, check the validation code for SQL.

I really would want libreNMS itself to alert me (with the alert ecosystem it uses) if validate.php fails (and in-turn I guess a way to schedule that for whatever period I/others prefer). A cron job to run validate.php sounds reasonable on the surface to me, but I really don’t want to duplicate my alerting and split where/how things are alerted. As in, I also see value in “seeing” this Alert in the libreNMS dashboard (assuming libreNMS itself hasn’t experienced catastrophic failure, heh).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.