BGP alerts

Can I get someone from the team to look at this?

-Mike

@murrant @zombah

Sorry to be a pain, any way i can get you to respond? what kind of traces would you like again?

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

Hi,

I know you did this before but please pbin the output of ./validate.php & ./poller.php -h affectedhost -d -m bgp-peers

Also, are the sessions up in LibreNMS? Are the sessions marked as down in your alert in the bgp list? If you check the alert, it have the bgpPeer_id, which you can compare with your database.

Do you have “duplicate” entries in the bgpPeers table in database? I mean, 2 bgpPeers_id for the same session, one that “works” and other that has empty data like in your screenshots.

@TheGreatDoc

Thanks for responding -

https://pastebin.com/h4JdxDgd

I rand the SQL fixes and the errors still came back after another validate.

The sessions are down in librenms and they are triggering alerts. The numbers match up but there is data missing when i compare it against BGP sessions on a ASR9001 router, The affected host is a ASR9006.

No Duplicate entries in bgpPeers table. all the data from the from the 9006 appears to be missing, where the data is there for the 9001.

@TheGreatDoc

Use this for the data. my syntax was off for the first one

https://pastebin.com/zt9HnP1L

@TheGreatDoc @murrant

Sorry to continue to beat a dead horse here.

I think librenms is using the wrong mib or BGP file to poll a Cisco ASR9006 with A9K-RSP440-LT.

The reason I think this is that this is a mib issue is that there are NO ipv6 sessions in the routing tab of librenms and meanwhile ALL of the ipv4 sessions show in “state” even though ALL of the sessions are logically up.

When I originally posted this issue back in January of 2018 something was changed with BGP or the SNMP mibs of an ASR 9006 with a A9K-RSP440-LT RSP.

Please, can someone look into this with me?

Thanks,

-Mike

@mvoity
I don’t think it’s mib problem, because routing BGP show ipv6.unicast ASR9K sessions fine here, for various RSP models.

@zombah What to you recommend or suggest that I do to for librenms to to report correctly?

It has been reporting something wrong with all BGP sessions.

would a WebEx work for someone to poke around the DB?

Any help would be great.

-Mike

@mvoity Grep outputs of discovery.php and poller.php for problematic device modules bgp_peers and cbgp for your missing peer

@mvoity
Other option to track this down:

• Install a new empty librenms and load this device (only) in it, and check if the behaviour is the same.
  • If yes, provide an snmpwalk of your device in an issue and wait for somebody to look at it (this may be long considering the amount of issues waiting to be handled)

@PipoCanaja @zombah @murrant @TheGreatDoc

I have another librenms server that is just for all my APC devices, RHEL 7 and completely up to date with librenms.

I added the ASR9006 and it shows the same, BGP sessions down and no IPv6 sessions, that my main network librenms server reports for this ASR9006

Please advise the snmpwalks and commands that would be necessary to do this debug.

Please and Thank you in advance.

-Mike

Hi,

Please provide these details as in FAQ20 :

PipoCanaja

@PipoCanaja

Thanks! Stuff is uploading.

Any help would be great!

-Mike

@PipoCanaja

has anyone had a chance to look at the stuff i uploaded?

-Mike

Hi @mvoity

not in my case at least.

Hello Community,

So Librenms is still not reporting anything with BGP sessions with my Cisco ASR9006. It reports fine with my ASR 9001’s .

Yesterday I had to create a new VRF on the ASR 9006 and had to move a couple interfaces and BGP sessions to the VRF. the interfaces are reporting fine with librenams, however, the BGP sessions have disappeared from the device in librenms after a rediscover.

I seriously think something is broken with librenms with the ASR 9006 on 6.3.3.

How can i get someone to look into this more?

Thanks,
-Mike

could this be related? https://community.cisco.com/t5/xr-os-and-platforms/monitor-bgp-sessions-on-vrfs-with-xr-4-2-using-snmp/td-p/2254981

Thanks for looking at my thread,

My main issue is getting the BGP sessions on the default vrf to report correctly. It works fine for my ASR9001 routers on the same code, but not for the ASR9006.

Hello again,

Any way I can get someone to look at this again?

Thanks!

-Mike

1 Like

Hello @mvoity, You need describe your problem with some details, it is not clear.