BGP alerts

Zombah,

Thanks for responding. I’m not sure how much clearing i can be after uploading many screen and describing the the issue since January 2018

in a nut shell,

I have 3 ASR routers.

2 are 9001
1 is 9006
All 3 run the same software IOS-XR software 6.3.3

All routers have many BGP sessions
Librenms polls and reports good information on ALL BGP sessions for the ASR 9001 Routers
On the ASR9006 - it reports ALL BGP session in alerts and on the device in librenms " BGP peer [x.x.x.x, ASxxxxx, State"

No matter what the actual state is of the BGP is on the router it reports “state”

Does this help?
-Mike

@mvoity Maybe my english not that good, but i still can’t understand your issue :(.
All iosxr devices share same code for bgp discovery and polling inside LibreNMS so there is no currently ASR9001 or ASR9006 specific code.

The issue is ASR9006 not returning same data for BGP as 9001 does.

Probably due to a IOS “feature”, but hard to make a workaround in the LibreNMS side, more without a real device to make the tests, as snmpsim will only simulate current stored data, not generating new one.

Just if you want to dig, the LibreNMS workaround consist in modifying accordingly the bgp poller to identify when a device is a 9006 and what oids to poll to get the correct data.

@TheGreatDoc You talking about some known issue? I have both of these devices and bgp behave subjectivly same for them in LibreNMS.

@zombah I dont know. But if their ASR9001 and 9006 reply different things for same oids with exactly same IOS, seems like somethings is wrong.

Yes I agree, my ASR9001’s and 9006 are replying different things for same oids with exactly same IOS, seems like somethings is wrong. It has been this way since I reported the issue to this community back in January of 2018 after my librenms server did a daily update which started this. Back then I was running IOS-XR 5.1. on the 9006 and 5.0 on the 9001’s, I upgraded everything to 6.3.3 ans still no change.