Can I create a custom floormap / floorplan and plot devices on it?

Does anyone know if I can plot devices on a custom graphic, such as a floorplan? (understandably, long / lat is not the same, if at all)

Something where I can put down where a printer is located for example via X / Y coords?

Something similar to this mock up shot I’ve made.
oV1tPUN.png (1667×931) (imgur.com)
(I hear I can’t change the icon, depicting the device, that’s fine)

Thanks all for the hard work, it’s super appreciated.

You could possibly use the networkweathermap to do it? It wasn’t designed for it but I guess it could work.

I’ve seen people suggest something along those lines, I was hoping someone had whipped something up. I can see people looking eagerly for this many years ago.

I’d gladly just drop in a very high res bitmap into a folder say 2560x1440 or so and then plot printer at X / Y whatever, if that makes sense.

Really could be useful for how we’re using librenms.

I’m currently working on custom map functionality, and plan on having the ability to upload pictures as a background.

5 Likes

This is lovely, thank you for the hard work.
Would one be able to plot for example printer at X, Y or WifiAP at X, Y etc on said map?

Someone suggested it was already possible but I wasn’t sure.

Thank you for the hard work!

Hello,

Any updates on the progress of this one? It’s a very cool idea.
Obviously, we’d need to impliment some kind of custom long / lat in order to plot the dots on the bitmap / jpg in the correct locations.

Thanks for your time.

This got released in the latest update, with the option to add a background picture/floor map

sorry, I forgot that I had responded to this post. I was originally thinking about using long / lat to place devices from the locations, but we don’t keep accurate enough data for every device for this to be useful. The new custom map functionality does allow for a background image to be uploaded, and then for devices to be added and dragged to the correct spot on the map.

1 Like

Can you add items to it, on custom lat/lon? So that you can say have printers, waps, servers etc?

You can add any device you have into it as nodes, and then add ‘Edge’ known as the lines between two devices by selecting an interface on one of the nodes.

In terms of the mapping, the background is no difference to your desktop wallpaper so it has nothing to do with lats/long

So what I’m trying to do this is exactly this:

I don’t even need the lines, between the devices, showing their links to one and other, truth be told.

I just want to be able to show my colleagues “hey this printer HERE is dead”

The weathermap wont tell you if the node is up or down like the other map does, it’ll only show you from a view on the bandwidth of an Edge line based on the set bandwidth you add against it. I don’t think Weathermap does what you’re wanting it to do.

Ok so I am specifically after a custom, floormap, allowing me to show deices on that floormap and identify if they’re in a good or bad stae.

Identical to the existing world map, but using a large bitmap of my choices as a base model image for the ‘world’

I would suspect long / lag on the chart would need to be either custom special figures like pixel coords (2510 x 1405for example would be an item in the very bottom right corner)

Honestly, I don’t know, it’s not up to me to design it, just to come up with ideas that I hope, someone else can do in time

I def want to show as per my image above tho, devices on the map and the state. As per existing world map

Does anyone know of a custom map that does do what I’m after?

Hi,
I’m also trying to position the AP wifi on a floor plan, like you.
I’ve decided to use the “Custom maps” function, but I’m getting an error : “Flasher is not loaded”.
I opened a post with screenshot for that : Custom maps : empty loading background

And you also have this problem ? can you test for me ?

Did you end up having any luck?

I actually have no idea, how I can place an item on multiple maps?

Obviously there’s the primary global map which is useful. Then I want a map per building, so for example a printer which is in new York should be on the global map at the NYC office coordinates, however I also want the printer on the level 1 NYC office floor map.

Am I kidding myself or is this possible?