Can not add new devices

Hello everybody,
I’m new here (I’ve been reading but never registered)
So the thing is, I’ve installed LibreNMS on a Ganeti VM (debian 10). It is working fine and the ./validate.php doesn’t throw any issues
However I can’t add any devices but localhost.

It’s getting very blury for me to do everything by cli, but as I mentioned before, maganed to installed it on Debian 10.

If i want to add both Mikrotik routers (BGP and LAN connections) how do I do it?
The both have public and private IP, i want to add at least one of them so i can check ports, HA, etc.
The same with HP switches, couldn’t add any.
Whenever I try to use the Network option it says “No map to display, this may be because you aren’t running autodiscovery or no devices are linked by mac address.”

The network is composed by Mikrotik BGP, Mikrotik for LAN (both with rules, NAT, etc), HP Switches, phisycal and virtual servers, etc.

Sorry if it has already been explained, but i’ve read a lot of documents, but didn’t get to add any device.

Thanks in advance

Please post your ./validate.php

Here it goes!

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.60-49-g481363194
DB Schema 2020_02_10_223323_create_alert_location_map_table (159)
PHP 7.3.14-1~deb10u1
MySQL 10.3.22-MariaDB-0+deb10u1
RRDTool 1.7.1
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.3

====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 1.9.3
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct

Check you can ping those devices from librenms VM.

If ping works, next step is to snmpwalk to see if there is any output. If none, you should check devices firewall/access list and be sure snmp is correctly enabled.

Sorry for the delay.
Yes, ping its working fine. I can ping other Vlan’s, LAN, etc
FW is open for any device and port…

How do i check snmpwalk and verify that snmp is enabled properly?
Thanks!

from command line, snmpwalk -v2c -cYOURCOMMUNITY YOURHOST .

Change according to your configurations and that should output a bunch of lines

I see a lot of lines, all begining with iso, but i dont understand the Output xD

Ok. Lets go to the beggining again.

What error do you get when adding devices? (I should ask this first)

Actually the problem is not when I add a device, but I get nothing except localhost
I guess I’ll have to read the docs again…
Eg, I’m trying to add our core router by: Device > Add Device > Ip Address > SNMP off > OS Mikrotik Router OS.
The device is added by IP, but it shows no metrics, up/down time, etc

Why you SNMP Off? If you dont set SNMP no metrics will be retrieved

EDIT: OK. So you are expecting the auto-discovery, right?

You need to add at least 1 network device (usually, the core switch/router) and then the auto-discovery magic start working.

Also, check auto-discovery methods and configuration https://docs.librenms.org/Extensions/Auto-Discovery/

1 Like

Because when I switch it to ON it throws me back this message (which I can ping, as it is my gateway)
“Could not connect to 10.0.0.1 with those SNMP settings. To save anyway, turn on Force Save.”

And becasue I also don’t know how to fill these options (port, Port Association Mode, etc)

You only need to set the Hostname and community

1 Like

Still no luck

Was cheking the snmpd.conf and don’t see anything wrong (
what is crossed out in black is the name of the community)

The host is just Jirafa, without domain?

In the snmpwalk from the command line, did you also use just Jirafa as host?

1 Like

My bad, just added the domain, but still something seems to be missing…
Have you checked the snmpd.conf I put above? I only replaced randomstringgoeshere for the community name

Should it be using udp and 161 port automatically?
Is there a config that I might be missing on Debian?

I guess not. I don’t really understand how to chek or use the snmpwalk… Perhaps I need to read a bit more

Yes leave all the port settings alone

1 Like

For snmpwalk check, just run:

snmpwalk -v2c -cCOMMUNITY HOSTNAME .

For snmpd conf, look at the sample provided by librenms.

1 Like

Ok thanks, will give it a try tomorrow again. If not, I’ll keep asking you guys :slight_smile: