Help with Unpolled devices Warning

Hi,
I am getting always the unpolled devices warning but if I go to Poller -> history, all the devices have been polled within 10 minutes and none of them lasts more than 50seconds polling.

I have verified that system time and mysql time are same.
Php has also the correct timezone.

Here is the validate.php output:

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.53.1-14-gcfaf913
DB Schema 2019_05_30_225937_device_groups_rewrite (135)
PHP 7.2.14
MySQL 5.5.60-MariaDB
RRDTool 1.4.8
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2

====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 1.8.6
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct
[WARN] Some devices have not been polled in the last 5 minutes. You may have performance issues.
[FIX]:
Check your poll log and see: http://docs.librenms.org/Support/Performance/
Devices:
ssw02020008.X
kar77460002.X
kro76490001.X
kar78620001.X
ksw74350002.X
kar78490004.X
kar77520001.X
sro22810001.X
sar01850002.X
sar02130001.X

If I go to the polling history of one of this devices, shows that polling time takes 2.5seconds and las polling has been 8 minutes ago.

What am I doing wrong?

Polling has to complete in less than 5 min

warning says 15 min

imagen

That’s not usual polling time setup. Did you make that?

The warning doesn’t fire until they have missed 3 intervals or something like that.

No, this is my cron configuration:

Using this cron file requires an additional user on your system, please see install docs.

#33 */6 * * * librenms /opt/librenms/discovery.php -h all >> /dev/null 2>&1
/5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/discovery.php -h new >> /dev/null 2>&1
/5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/cronic /opt/librenms/poller-wrapper.py 6
15 0 * * * librenms /opt/librenms/daily.sh >> /dev/null 2>&1
#
* * * * librenms /opt/librenms/alerts.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
#
/5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/poll-billing.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
#01 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/billing-calculate.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
*/5 * * * * librenms /opt/librenms/check-services.php >> /dev/null 2>&1
33 */6 * * * librenms /opt/librenms/cronic /opt/librenms/discovery-wrapper.py 1

The poller is configured to run every 5 minutes.

How could I verify that? In Poller -> History-> Log all the polling time are below 50seconds and las polled time are no older than 10 minutes.
I am thinking to increase poller threads from 6 to 10/12 to see if this solves the issue… What do you think?
Our server has 12GB Ram and 8vcpu

10 minutes is too long, it should be < 5 minutes.

I have increased to 12, the poller threads in the cron file but I am still getting the unpolled warning.
None of the poller times is higher than 30seconds. I do not know what else to do to decrease the poller time.
Any advice?

I’ve been getting the same message for probably a couple months now too. I don’t log into LibreNMS very often, so I haven’t looked at fixing it.

My setup is similar. 28 total devices polled. Longest device polled sits around 15 seconds. About 30-35 seconds total for polling every 5 minutes. Whenever I go into polling history, they’ve all been polled within the last 5 minutes. The message still says some devices haven’t completed within the last 15 minutes.

I have increased pollers threads to 16. Does this graph means the total time taken to poll all the devices?

The highest value is 269 seconds. I am still getting the unpolled warning. Any advice?
Thanks in advance

You should set the discovery interval to much less than every 5 min, then you will also have more threads for the poller to work with. Normally discovery runs every 6h.

1 Like

Exactly if you have set discovery to run at the same time As your poller runs that Is going to cause major issues. I highly recommend you change the discovery back to every 6 hours.

1 Like

This discover interlval only applies to new added devices isn´t it? I think that is the default configuration.

The discovery process that runs every 6 hours I have disabled.

Yep, the -h new discovery only takes care of the new devices, so it should not harm.

I haven’t changed my cron at all. Using the stock /opt/librenms/librenms.nonroot.cron file.