LibreNMS Graph is not continuous

Hi,

I found the issue the graph is not continuous , pleas kindly advise

./validate.php

Component Version
LibreNMS 22.9.0-3-g06c361c2b
DB Schema 2022_09_03_091314_update_ports_adsl_table_with_defaults (246)
PHP 7.4.3
Python 3.8.10
Database MariaDB 10.3.34-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
RRDTool 1.7.2
SNMP 5.8
====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 2.4.4
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database Schema is current
[OK] SQL Server meets minimum requirements
[OK] lower_case_table_names is enabled
[OK] MySQL engine is optimal
[OK]
[OK] Database schema correct
[OK] MySQl and PHP time match
[WARN] PHP version 8.1 is the minimum supported version as of September, 2022. We recommend you update PHP to a supported version (8.1 suggested) to continue to receive updates. If you do not update PHP, LibreNMS will continue to function but stop receiving bug fixes and updates.
[OK] Active pollers found
[OK] Dispatcher Service not detected
[OK] Locks are functional
[OK] Python poller wrapper is polling
[OK] Redis is unavailable
[OK] rrdtool version ok
[OK] Connected to rrdcached
[WARN] Your install is over 24 hours out of date, last update: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 04:32:10 +0000
[FIX]:
Make sure your daily.sh cron is running and run ./daily.sh by hand to see if there are any errors.
[WARN] Your local git branch is not master, this will prevent automatic updates.
[FIX]:
You can switch back to master with git checkout master
You have mail in /var/mail/librenms

Below is devices and ports that I’ve in system.

Multiple things could be causing this. The overall cause is Libre isn’t finishing polling thr device/s during a polling cycle.
-Start by verifying there’s no resource contention within Libre. (CPU/Memory etc look good)
-Run poller debug on the problem devices and see how long a polling cycle takes. If it’s just barely finishing polling in a polling cycle, look into disabling Libre polling modules for that device.
-If there aren’t modules you’re willing to disable then look into extending your polling cycles. (This should be last resort since a system-wide setting and would affect all devices)

I recently ran into a similar issue for a few devices in my network. The ports module is the biggest hog of time, but also quite important. I ended up deciding that I didn’t need ports for those devices.

To reiterate what @electrocret said, there is a list of sanity checking here: Performance - LibreNMS Docs

I also had particular success tuning SNMP Max Repeaters when I was monitoring things over variable latency, which I over-explain here: Debugging graph spikes from high latency links - #6 by rhinoau

My issues were causing discovery interruptions and scambling my data and spiking traffic, I was still completing polling within the window, though the max repeaters tuning dramatically reduced my polling time.

Poller performance graphs are a good place to start to see what is taking up the time and maybe blowing out polling past the 5 minute (default) window:

The log tab on that same page shows each device total time as it comes in too so you can start to target the slower devices.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.