Markers disappeared in Worldmap widget

Hi,

I have an issue these last few weeks where map markers have suddenly disappeared from the Worldmap dashboard widget - it just displays an empty map. Have tried changing the up / down / both filter settings for the widget with no difference. The markers do still display correctly in the full screen worldmap however. Has something changed between the two?

Suggestions on where / what to check appreciated!

When asking for help and support, please provide as much information as possible. This should include:

• Steps to reproduce an issue.
  • The output of ./validate.php

====================================

Component Version
LibreNMS 1.47-22-gdef8b3e51
DB Schema 279
PHP 7.2.10-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
MySQL 5.7.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
RRDTool 1.7.0
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.3

====================================

[OK] Composer Version: 1.8.0
[OK] Dependencies up-to-date.
[OK] Database connection successful
[OK] Database schema correct

Check under devices geo locations and all
Locations.

Ok - I did see that, but assumed my issue was different, as my devices are all SNMP, rather than ping only, but I have manual SysLocation overrides in place as I don’t trust individual device config to break things! So, it seems that with the changes made, existing location strings are not re-parsed for existing / valid locations…

Rather than update things manually, the following clunky bit of SQL has done the trick for me to parse the square bracket values into the correct places - hopefully will help others too.

UPDATE locations SET lat=TRIM(SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(location, ‘[’, -1), ‘,’, 1))+0, lng=TRIM(SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(location, ‘]’, 1), ‘,’, -1))+0 WHERE location LIKE ‘%[%]%’;

1 Like

@cbgsy you could add a little polish to that and push it into the main repo to help others.