Page count for printers

I would like to see page counts for printers along with toner. Customers get billed for print and copy page counts. How hard would this be and what information is needed?

2 Likes

Bump!

Any word on getting a copy and page count graph in Librenms. This would be useful, as already stated, most contracts with printer/MFP vendors or dealers charge customers based upon scan, copy and print page counts on top of a leasing fee, in addition to a service contract which may or may not include toner in said service fees.

I would like to see a graph users could use to audit paper usage.

LibreNMS have now “count” health sensor so this is theorically possible.

Hi,
Sorry for rising up this dead topic but

Any idea on when counters will be integrated in Health Section?
Today I use Custom OIDs to get printed pages counters, the job is (sort of) done, but on a wide range of printers with a “pay for printed pages”, it would be so nice to have a page of every counters of evey printers in a same group. like the Toner page I mean.

btw thank you for making LibreNms so usefull for us, sorry for my english, and have a nice day.
Regards

Hi @zozolito
If you did it via CustomOID, you can do it “the proper way” and submit it to LibreNMS so everybody will enjoy it.

The documentation is here :

Feel free to ask question on github when you’ll have started a PR.

Bye

Hi @PipoCanaja
Sincerely I tried to write some yaml, but I have to admit this is at another level than my brain can go :frowning: And my low english not helping either.

Maybe a hint is needed :wink:
Is it better to add the lines in the existing /includes/definitions/konica.yaml ?
Or create a new sensor in /includes/discovery/sensors ?
Or another way?

I don’t think it is good to make a Pull Request at this time just for some “nothing” and pollute the repo with my childish draft work, I would like to try by my side first.

btw thank you for your time :slight_smile: I’ll read again the docs.

Regards

Hello @zozolito
Basically, you should start with the YAML file for your printer. It is the simplest. If for some reason it is not possible, then you’ll have to move to PHP code but I don’t see why it would be necessary for a counter.

In the YAML file, the type of sensor will be “count”.

Bye

Hi @PipoCanaja,
I tried this
modules:
hardware: .1.3.6.1.4.1.18334.1.1.1.1.6.2.1.0
hardware_regex: ‘/(KONICA MINOLTA )?(?.*)/i’
serial: .1.3.6.1.2.1.43.5.1.1.17.1
version: .1.3.6.1.4.1.18334.1.1.1.1.6.1.0
sensors:
count:
data:
-
oid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.18334.1.1.1.5.7.2.2.1.5.1.1
value: 1.3.6.1.4.1.18334.1.1.1.5.7.2.2.1.5.1.1
num_oid: ‘.1.3.6.1.4.1.18334.1.1.1.5.7.2.2.1.5.1.1’
descr: ‘COPY COUNTER’
divisor: 1

unsuccessfull.
Of course there is no MIB from this Vendor accessible from me.
Do you know where I am wrong?

Regards

MIB is mandatory for the YAML syntax. If you cannot get it from the vendor, then PHP will be the only way of doing it.

Bye

Hi @PipoCanaja,

Done with the php way and it works like a charm! :smile:

Now some cleaning and test, and have to learn how to contribute properly by PR and Submit.

Thanks a lot!
Best Regards.

1 Like