View ports customize : Basic mini?

Hello to all,
We would like to customize the port view of the network devices.
By adding a Basic (mini) view ? Where we could add the elements that interest the most (see others) like :

• Port, Description
  • Vlans, Speed
  • Status Up, Down
    -…
    With a grouping of the ports by switch (often by 24 or 50) or a line break at each change of devices

We start to be interested in PHP : /librenms/includes/html/pages/device/ports.inc.php
Or do we have to develop a plugin ?

Your advices are welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance to the community

Hi @lynch4fr

Both choices are possible indeed. I personnaly chose to develop a plugin that adds a “per switch” view of all ports, for use of my support team : They can view (and also configure a few settings) using the plugin. That route is faster (you can develop the plugin on your own) but might not be completely stable in time (a change in LibreNMS codebase may break the plugin compatibility at some time). I did it because LibreNMS is not supposed to change any config in devices, so no chance to merge such feature in the repository.

If you go the “ports.inc.php” route, then your change will be reviewed, before being merged, if it makes sense for the community. The process might be longer, but will be maintained in the future.

Bye

Hi @pipoCanaja
I appreciate your suggestions and developing a plugin seems the best starting point to make a “per switch” view like you.
So I started to look at a plugin like WhereIsVlan: GitHub - dubbelj/librenms-plugin-WhereIsVLAN: A LibreNMS plugin to show what switchports that have a specific VLAN active
But it seems to me that your personal development for your support team is exactly the same needs for us :slight_smile:
Have you already shared this plugin on github ? or otherwise ?

We would be very interested to improve or adapt your work for our university.

Thank you.
Bye

Hi
I did a while ago create a “generic” structure for this plugin, that is shared here:

But this github repo cannot be upgraded anymore (no maintainer). The code is clearly not compatible, directly, with current LibreNMS code.
And my internal version of the plugin is far too specific to be shared. But you can have a look at the files and get inspiration.

Bye

Hello,
I’ve developed an in-house plugin called “BIER”, which offers a display as if we were in front of the technical equipment in the rack.
The code is ruded but if developers are interested, I can share it.
Thanks to the community.

Please share! I would definitely use it. Are you only pulling information from Libre, or did you add any new custom columns and/or new tables?

Ok, the development is not very clean, I pulled only the information of LibreNMS.
I’m sharing this quickly via a Git. I just need to anonymize some of my company’s information.
And if you develop it, you’ll certainly be able to adapt it. And we can share your suggestions, updates.
The “redundant” :sweat: program structure works for 4 switches per stack only (tested on Avaya, Extreme)
Thanks

I would love to try this and see if I can help out as well. When do you think the code will be available?

Hi olle,
I’ll publish the code in a couple of weeks. :slight_smile:
Thank you for offering to help

Hello community
As announced, here’s the code in its first version.

Hi,
I make a new Release of the plugin BIER :slight_smile:

Just found the thread. Your plugin looks very interesting. I’ve always hoped for a representation that feels like the physical layout. I’ll sure be trying this out soon.