Caveates in upgrading instance (with pollers) version 1.37-31-g5333329 to latest

I have inherited a LibreNMS deployment in my organization that is in need of upgrading to the latest release so we can gain access to some of the newer features. In my home lab I would just run the ./daily.sh and be done with it. Unfortunately the deployment we have in production is a bit more complex.

Our servers 1 primary and 13 pollers are running CentOS:
Operating System: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:centos:centos:7
Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64

LibreNMS Version
Version 1.37-31-g5333329 - Mon Mar 12 2018 22:44:12 GMT-0600
DB Schema #240
Web Server nginx/1.12.2
PHP 7.0.27
MySQL 5.5.56-MariaDB
RRDtool 1.6.0
SNMP NET-SNMP 5.7.2

The documentation wasn’t clear to me on the proper order for upgrading to the latest release of LibreNMS when you have multiple pollers deployed.

Are we supposed to remove the active pollers, upgrade the primary instance and then each poller last? After which we add the pollers back into the active group of pollers.
Are there any issues/problems I should be aware of or watch out for while working through this process?

Any help or gotcha’s that we should look out for in this process is greatly appreciated.

– Jerel

Hi,

I am not a multi_poller user, but at first, I would suggest you to upgrade to PHP 7.2 cause the newer versions of LibreNMS would not allow 7.0 and below. And you cannot go 7.3 cause your LibreNMS does not yet allow it.

PipoCanaja

Thank you for the information. I’ll keep that in mind as I prepare for the upgrade. I have 12 pollers (including the Primary) to audit before I start the actual upgrades.