Graphing PPPoE sessions on Cisco device

Hello

I want to graph PPPoE Sessions (CISCO-PPPOE-MIB) (particular OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.194.1.1.1.0 )

snmpwalk -v2c -ccommunity 10.0.0.0 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.194.1.1.1.0
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.9.194.1.1.1.0 = Gauge32: 8851

I found relevant info on cisco tree, solarwinds links which i don’t know if are helpful

http://ipmsupport.solarwinds.com/mibs/CISCO-PPPOE-MIB/item.aspx?id=cPppoeSystemCurrSessions

Anyone have an idea on how to go about this?

Are these my options?

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

Do not link to observium.

no problem - Can i achieve this using the MiB based polling doc? What do you suggest?

Possibly but that is not a feature that we will be supporting longer term.

Yikes i see what you mean! Got it working but encountered a few issues, sharing for info.

I thought it would be easier as i found a MiBfile already in LibreNMS which i could use CISCO-AAA-SESSION-MIB

Edit the definitions first !

After enabling the “mib” module under Edit → modules. It automatically allocated the default register_mib located in the definitions.

I didn’t expect there to be anything in there the default was:
ciscoAAASessionMIB: CISCO-AAA-SESSION-MIB

I edited the register_mib to be the OID i wanted.
register_mibs:
casnActiveTableEntries: CISCO-AAA-SESSION-MIB

Unfortunately it didn’t remove the first existing entry. I removed as a precaution librenms/cache/os_defs.cache but no success.

I Found a similar issue mentioned here: How to remove unwanted MIB associations

Then i found how to delete the old MiB entry [Ability to Un-Register MIBs · Issue #2779 · librenms/librenms · GitHub]
delete from mibdefs;
delete from device_mibs;
delete from device_oids;
delete from graph_types where graph_section = ‘mib’;

includes/discovery/os/ruckuswireless.inc.php does not exist as mentioned the MiB based polling document.

Do i need this file ? I created it anyway… (I’m not sure if this is correct)

librenms/includes/discovery/os/iosxe.inc.php
<?php if (!$os) { if (strstr($sysObjectId, ".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.925")) { $os = "iosxe"; $extra_mibs = array("casnActiveTableEntries" => "CISCO-AAA-SESSION-MIB"); register_mibs($device, $extra_mibs, "includes/discovery/os/iosxe.inc.php"); } } ?>

To test the OID is correct I used the same syntax as in the script:

/usr/bin/snmpbulkwalk -v2c -c COMMUNITY -OQUsb -m CISCO-AAA-SESSION-MIB -     /opt/librenms/mibs:/opt/librenms/mibs/cisco -t 2 -r 3 udp:HOSTNAME:161 casnActiveTableEntries

To debug issues i was re-discovering and repolling (not sure if you had to re-discover)
./discovery.php –h HOSTNAME
./poller.php -h HOSTNAME -f -d -m mib

Now after 10 minutes my MiB graph has re-popped up so happy it is working now :slight_smile: